Very good series of maps with an incredible atmosphere, though some of the segments were kind of frustrating. I wasn’t keen on the damage traps that were impossible to avoid. The last boss was annoying and cheap.
Unregistered user “NailIn” posted:
The pools at the later levels are over populated with fish one cannot exploit the hidden secret effectively. It’s too much annoying difficulty, not real challenge.
[User added a rating.]
Didn’t enjoy the boss fight at all, but the rest was genuinely quite excellent.
[User added a rating.]
k1m1 is tough but rewarding, k1m2 is too unforgiving. I wanted to give it another chance so I restarted the whole episode on easy a few weeks later and liked k1m1 even more and k1m2 even less.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
What an episode! Masterpiece with no doubt. I’ve played modern ones like EoE, PUN, UDOB, Dwell, etc… but I could not imagine that 2003 episode would be no less engaging & innovative as those modern. While it is! CR amused me as if it was made in 2022. Really! Surely it could benefit from colored lighting & fog & modern compiling shadows features. Yes. But as a story, as the standalone episode - it was fascinating. Levels are very different, diversive, gameplay is gradually evolving & encounters become trickier & trickier. It was sooo interesting to play it, maaan. Dear sir Kell THANK YOU very-very much.
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
[User added a rating.]
First tried to play it normally but when in k1m2 I had to use some liberal use of God and Noclip… some interesting map design and they tried to make an interesting boss map.
However lot of bullet scarcity, unavoidable traps and high level monsters thrown in which makes the thing totally unfair and unenjoyable.
Also music choice is bad. All in all one of the least fun episodes I played.
It’s a pity because the brushwork and texturing are fine, it just gets ruined by bad encounter design. Doesn’t hold up in 2022.
[User added a rating.]