00f6db770a65f176f14a2651489892f8d2e2f9ac01455828fad1f7675e62af59

00f6db770a65f176f14a2651489892f8d2e2f9ac01455828fad1f7675e62af59
overall_rating 3.158333333333334 20

Forum thread for royalwar

[User added a rating.]

Drew’s description is pretty accurate, although I would add that it plays like a really good modern speedmap. Neither great nor memorable, but well-made and thoroughly enjoyable.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Royal Warriors on The Quake Grave

Royal Warriors is a huge improvement over Scott’s other map I played called Tower of Death. This is anything magnificent by today’s standards, but there are some good spots and I found this to be a lot of fun to play. I especially liked the elevator part with the knitghs and the Vore at the top. Fun Map!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A competent map throughout with no-frills classic gameplay. Item balance is good and the looks mimic id wizard maps pretty well. In addition to the looks in general, the lighting is kind of bland throughout and a rocket launcher is available early on in plain sight, so it’s not very difficult.

Overall, no glaring flaws but there’s nothing very memorable either. It’s kind of hard to choose between 3 and 4. :confused: But as stated by ArrrCee, it’s just fun, plain and simple, so I recommend giving it a go.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

I would give this map a three out of five rating as it is the level designer’s best work so far with enjoyable combat unlike his previous map the “tower of death”. However it is lacking in visual design which makes the map kind of bland and not memorable. This map gets an average rating from me.

[User added a rating.]