04d5125af12b46b48557d9accc6098302ba75404f57c8c4e3da3b294694aa6c5

04d5125af12b46b48557d9accc6098302ba75404f57c8c4e3da3b294694aa6c5
overall_rating 3.736111111111112 20

Forum thread for scorn

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Hm, either my taste changed a lot or this was not my editor’s review. Just played this, don’t remember playing it before, and loved it! Very nice map for 1997.

A bit confusing sometimes, but enjoyable and quite good for its time. Highlights in combats, secrets and layout.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Quality map with two distinct areas. The first area is a vast open space with a couple of novel architectural features. The second is a claustrophobic jumble of platforms on top of a lava pit. Monster placement is good, mapping is inventive for considering how early this was released.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Repus” posted:

This is a very simple level in terms of brushwork and lighting, but it is well worth playing.

The layout is fun with many interconnected corridors and pathways, too many ogres for my taste, but they make the most efficient enemies in such environment throwing grenades from up above.

And hey, did anybody find that sign “Scorn by Michael Reed” (not a secret) that shows up after you shoot a small stone with letters “Mr”?

[User added a rating.]

I really enjoyed this – a welcome break from the brilliant but very demanding maps that make up jam9. The simple, uncomplicated, and to be frank rather easy progression here was a pleasant change from the intricacies and secret-hunting of more recent maps. Four stars might be a bit generous, but that’s what I’m feeling.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]