07b0eb9ee5a1923af00d83d4f0b609f3b8531ae6c9bfdd0c73ea1fa6a9e00f67
overall_rating 2.0 12

Forum thread for dma1

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

An obvious deathmatch map with tacked on monsters for singleplayer. I’m okay with “singleplayerification” when it’s done well, but this isn’t the case. Sure, there are a lot of enemies, but the player is supplied with all the powerful dm equipment of the map to make killing the monsters trivial.

What is not trivial, however, is figuring out the level exit, which is behind a mandatory secret. It’s really not that hard to figure out where it is, but depending on the situation, it could be impossible for the player to reach it.

In terms of architecture, the map doesn’t look too bad, when judging against other beginner maps from the era. The starting room feels kind of disjointed from the rest of the map, though, like it doesn’t quite belong to the map.

I wouldn’t recommend playing this map in single player. Try deathmatch instead.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

too short of a map, and i agree with the above poster that you are to overpowered to handle the enemy encounters that are provided within the level. More recommended for deathmatch than single player. I would give this map a two out of five rating just because it is a well designed map because of its brush work.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The map is almost solely comprised of a single room with some monsters and powers ups in it. The exit is behind a lava swim, so you better save that invulnerability if you want to complete the map.

Link to Nightmare 100% walkthrough: https://youtu.be/SQ8xowEYgtA