0abccd5b0080bffc3e24f2409bf018cf4e07dc144e854314b7a58e8daa8e8aef

0abccd5b0080bffc3e24f2409bf018cf4e07dc144e854314b7a58e8daa8e8aef
overall_rating 3.786842105263157 20

Forum thread for mexx5

A good map for its time, and an atypical one of the mexx series in the good sense.
Boxy, but varied, with some traps, fast paced combat, nice secrets, and a somewhat non linear layout.

The RA secret was plainly used but with a quite good result.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Old-school non-linear map with clever secrets and lots of intense combat. The lighting is poor, but apart from that it’s quite good.

[User added a rating.]

Completely arbitrary and rather ugly, but enormous fun. Good enough for me!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I liked this map quite a bit. It may be kinda boxy and plain at times, but the gameplay is there. It played a little bit like Doom maps, in my opinion; especially the big lava room in the screenshot. Large and expansive rooms are relatively uncommon in Quake (especially in older maps) so it was quite a cool room to tackle.

I liked the taunts the map gave you at the start, depending on the skill level chosen. It was a nice touch.

Item balance is good and the tricks and traps keep the player on his/her toes. Very fun overall, and I’m really tempted to rate this 5/5. The occasional plain and relatively empty corridors, however, do make the map seem worse than it really is. Also, there was a powerful secret at one point that was a little bit too easily discovered. It didn’t make me feel too overpowered, but maybe these couple of nitpicks would be enough to lower the rating.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]