0b887171c9595d4e8cf38b99b7928fddc5ac94cc230a1b71e5a655204e8f907f

0b887171c9595d4e8cf38b99b7928fddc5ac94cc230a1b71e5a655204e8f907f
overall_rating 4.631578947368421 38

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’ve really enjoyed playing through JPal’s four maps, each better than the last. Now I’ve arrived at the last of them, and I am delighted to say that for me it’s in five-star territory. Everything about this one is levelled up: much more interesting architecture, better combats, more intriguing progression. The only minor black mark is that the ending is a bit anticlimactic compared with that of Forgotten Fortress, but that is easy to overlook. This is one that I will return to.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “BFIIKilla” posted:

I absolutely loved this map, thx for all the hard work Jpal.

[This comment had to be restored. See this thread for context. This means that there might be problems with its formatting or content missing. The information if the user posted while being logged in was not restored. -Spirit]

Unregistered user “dwere” posted:

Tangentially related to the map itself, which I’m yet to play, but I like the last decade’s advancements in lighting. The screenshot above is one of the neater examples, and I keep looking at how the light bleeds from the two gates, leaving the surrounded space softly shaded.

It helps that the ambient occlusion intensity seems to be about right. It became something of a Quake’s version of pillow shading lately, but not here.

[This comment had to be restored. See this thread for context. This means that there might be problems with its formatting or content missing. The information if the user posted while being logged in was not restored. -Spirit]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “huanlopan” posted:

This was almost perfect. Ending kind of just gave up with the free quad damage, plasma gun, and horde of bad guys. If it was intended to be cathartic or triumphant, I can see that, but it came off as limping to the finish because the rest was plenty challenging on Skill 4. Spruce up that ending, and I could see this in a future “AD community maps” compilation.

Seems to be a bug right as one activates the final gun battery. Couldn’t load sound/ambience/tornadosiren.wav

[User added a rating.]

I request all valid pathways used in the game data, for the assets - minding uppercase and lowercase letters:

sound/ambience/tornadosiren.wav

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]