17d688aa622f303a509a02e12d9071388651b8d7ab6e34adad8266374a67b39d

17d688aa622f303a509a02e12d9071388651b8d7ab6e34adad8266374a67b39d
overall_rating 3.769230769230769 13

Forum thread for gunman02

Unregistered user “wansoft” posted:

i also got stuck. I must use cheats ( i don’t like ) for get the gold key.

Played on nightmare.

A bit crampy, medium sized classic map. The gameplay is a bit plain with some puzzle parts, with a difficulty way lower than ID maps, and it gives 3 times the ammo you need, and an original brushwork and good non-linear layout. The start map is nice looking.

Apart from that, the map is completely playable without cheats, the parts the previous comments mention can be done if you think a bit about the tips the map gives you.

Resuming, a recommended map just for its originality.

To get the gold key you need to jump into one of the niches with coffins - you will see a button on the floor there which is barely visible from below the niche. Standing on that will teleport you onto gold key.

A bit too dark and cramped at times for my taste.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A nice release, especially considering its age: pretty, atmospheric and thematically consistent, with a start map to match. It makes clever use of riddles instead of the usual hints and directions.

[User added a rating.]

after of four years, i got still stuck… need a walktrough demo !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

For those stuck in finding the keys, just backtrack, there will be some awoken zombies to show you the way. The GK is right to the new zombie after backtracking.

For the map, very tight. Too dark. Spawn under the water? Cheaaap. But very atmosferic. I don’t think the quake engine shines in huge areas with archways and such, like the honey theme.

But I enjoyed myself in this map. And note that this is 20 years old.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]