20964bc862cb18ecfe6a341c39ed1efa8b919fdd32894b97991a9d6ba6dbf469

20964bc862cb18ecfe6a341c39ed1efa8b919fdd32894b97991a9d6ba6dbf469
overall_rating 4.250434782608695 25

Forum thread for fmb100

Unregistered user “notsogavin” posted:

Superb level design and texture use. 5 stars!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “NoNameUser” posted:

Very good map despite the weird and totally unrelated to Quake title, and also the lack of wateralpha support, which always bugs me. There aren’t enough Rogue style maps IMO, so this is a welcome departure from the usual base, wizard, etc. setting. Nice work.

Unregistered user “Mike Woodham” posted:

The map title is just a play on Tronyn’s scrapped “Roman Wilderness of Pain” maps. (There is a background story in the readme file)

Amazed that it got a play so long after release.

There is a missing lava brush that I never spotted until after release, and if you ump into that void, you cannot get out.

[User added a rating.]

Quite a fun map to play through, the lack of armour means that you’re always fragile and the carefully judged placement of health packs helps to keep you alive, but only barely.

Visually I would only give this map a moderate rating. It’s certainly not ugly, but it tends more towards functionality over flair; there are few set pieces, and those that exist tend towards a spartan construction.

The history behind this map is quite interesting; Much of it bares little similarity to what the final Roman Wilderness became, but the visual themes are similar at points and there is one section which gave a definite sense of deja vu. If you’ve played the other map pack, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s interesting seeing such ideas develop and flesh themselves out over the years, and having a look back into the history of that release through this map is a great example of this.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Pretty good. Lack of armour made it challenging. Found 0 secrets haha. Unsure if this is a glitch but you can just run up the slope mountains without sliding. Was able to reach the top of the map.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]