292e2c2f8ecbc58c0cd3ba24192e6cea93cda099331a38eda2aa18a15482ca28

292e2c2f8ecbc58c0cd3ba24192e6cea93cda099331a38eda2aa18a15482ca28
overall_rating 4.4 85

[User added a rating.]

Great map. I’ve previously played Tronyn’s ikblue map from Map Jam 2 (the other one I played was mfx’s ikwhite one), which was good, but this one had more of the classic feel of the original IKSPQ series (which is still well worth playing, btw). I also didn’t mind revisiting the first area at all, as I found new secrets each time and the area is big enough that the fights can play out a little differently each time. Anyway it doesn’t take too long for an experienced Quake player to get through it.

The very-ending fight before the final teleporter was a little disappointingly easy even on hard, but I guess taking out a shambler and a vore used to be harder than it is in 2014.

I did not find the super secret, maybe it was in one of the pools behind the silver key I didn’t go through? I’ll definitely be playing this again sometime, anyway.

I’m only 3 maps in and I gotta say, Jam 2 is pretty dope.

[User added a rating.]

Managed to play this one again. Loved it even more than the original. Yeah you have to play through the same beginning bit several times but it’s still fun. It seems the enemies were different in certain situations. Not sure if this was my imagination or not (sure I had 2 vores at the end on one fight and then another time it was 1 vore and 1 sham)…

Cool stuff :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Have to say this was a really unique map. The sealed off routes does promote some replay value and the architecture is just mind boggling!

I think the choices could have been presented a bit better instead of going onto the floor above and looking down via a grate. Maybe a window instead?

[User added a rating.]

A wonderful map full of clever tricks and creative reuse of areas. Excellent use of the ikblue texture set, and I really enjoyed the progression mechanic built around the runes.

Like Mike, I was a little disappointed to finish with only 3 runes (at first, I thought I had broken the map). To be clear, I am okay with forcing the player to make a choice and leaving some branches of the map unexplored. But the map asks you to start collecting runes (of which there are four) in order to open a door with four runes on it, so I had mentally prepared myself for collecting the fourth rune.

But that’s a minor quibble; the map is fantastic.

[User added a rating.]

Just saw the new tag, “fs”. What the hell is that even supposed to mean?! Tags are normally made to be understandable, otherwise they’re kinda pointless…