357a85c2900043c234e873ddee2acd535156a10ae2b24f58119ae18413c5255e

357a85c2900043c234e873ddee2acd535156a10ae2b24f58119ae18413c5255e
overall_rating 4.25 36

[User added a rating.]

This is just a fantastic first map for so many reasons. The brushwork is very good and makes for interesting visuals. The secrets were fun to look for and added to the overall fun of playing the level. It’s definitely worth playing again. I got 13 of the 14 secrets, and I know where the last one is, I just couldn’t figure out how to get to it (;

I’m pretty certain of a bug in one area, however. I played it with QS and also QSS 0.93.2 with the same results. In the room where there is water that has to be drained via pushing a level which also opens a trap door to access the area below, when you drain the water, 2 health kits fall below the floor with the water. Also, the water is a solid, which may be part of the problem. I can blow the explosives, kill the scrags, shalrath, and shambler and the partially open door remains intact. I could see the health boxes below the floor through the grate, so I noclipped through the floor and also discovered a rottweiler and a spawn. After I killed those, the door became fragmented enough to pass through to the LG and teleporter in the pipe. I tried it several times with the same result.

It would be nice, IMO to have skill settings implemented.

Regardless, congratulations on a first level to be proud of, and thank you for sharing! I’ll be on the lookout for more!

[User added a rating.]

Really cool creative geometry, but the combat didn’t do it for me.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very enjoyable, and pleasantly generous with the secrets (I got something like 12 of the 14). I like the sense of going deeper into the base, though I didn’t like that there was no way to backtrack after taking the lift down to the bottom half (is there?)

Falls short of the full five stars because of the rather dated visuals, the lack of really meaty combats, and the decent-but-not-huge size. But what an excellent debut!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very engaging & inventive map. And quite immersive - all that working machinery is adding a lot to atmosphere. Loved the secrets, they were not hard but interesting to find, hidden in interesting places - not always, but most of secrets were cool. Encounters were more or less usual, which is not a bad thing at all - classic battles. But some of them encounters were more brutal & challenging than other and that I appreciate. Map doesn’t feel at all as first - it’s a very good complex map. Kudos! 10 out of 10 for sure. Recommend to any Quake fan

Great.
Played it again, secrets 10/14, and that’s really good with me.
I couldn’t fetch the Megahealth in the first room.
And the
“Cool, You’ve Made It!
There Should Be A Secret Arena
But it will never happen :)”
secret left me behind clueless.
A 5/5 map, of cause.
Thanx, BassLexa.
Will there be another map created by You?
ludicrous

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very fun base map with a lot to explore. Feels like if you don’t explore then standard way through the map gets really difficult, I like that. Gives you incentive to explore if you get stuck on some part. Good variety of monsters in different encounters.

[User added a rating.]