3671ca5bcba99deb4b01f9b9d28a80b1a186683c7d24ee8de749d7dde953d42e

3671ca5bcba99deb4b01f9b9d28a80b1a186683c7d24ee8de749d7dde953d42e
overall_rating 2.363636363636364 11

Forum thread for mercy

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Decent for its time, but has some questionable or evil choices sometimes, like forcing out of nowhere for the player to find secrets to progress.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

Would only give this map a two out of five rating as it is a functional, playable quake map. However, I agree with the above poster that i didn’t like the fact you had to discover unmarked secret walls in order to progress through the map. Only download if you are interested in early first released maps from novice quake mappers.

[User added a rating.]

Quite the smörgåsbord we have on offer here, both in terms of content and its quality. We have different themes, optional areas, quite a few of which I missed on my first playthrough, alternate playstyle options (rings of shadows can be found lying about in addition to quad damages). I guess having all these options available does add a bit of replayability.

Brushwork and texturing quality varies quite a bit. I’d say the base area at the beginning is one of the weaker ones (complete with a pushable button with a shootable button texture), but then there’s a pretty cool church and its catacombs later on that were on the more memorable side of things. I just wasn’t a fan of some the secret doors that you had to find in order to progress.

All in all, mixing all these things together made the areas feel a bit loosely connected together and the experience was quite inconsistent. Still, it was fairly enjoyable beyond that. I guess I’d rate the map somewhere in the ballpark of 2,5/5.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The architecture in the cathedral/catacombs is very cool, but the map has no coherence or flow: it’s just a collection of set pieces with different textures, strung together with teleporters. The author seems to have had a lot of interesting ideas, but they don’t come together cohesively.

[User added a rating.]