Forum thread for sp_maxx

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very impressive map. At times you really feel like you’re in a little village just outside a castle. Very good use of the little spaces between buildings for secrets. I’m quite proud of myself for finding 15 of them. :slight_smile: 5 outa 5.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Dancing Zombie” posted:

Nice textures. Monster count was sparse on normal, didn’t play harder as I found problems. A lot of the time I could not fit in certain alleys or access areas of the map no matter how I wandered. Eventually I resorted to noclip and saw lots of inaccessible (to me) areas. Had to noclip further to progress, found gold key first, used on door, later noclipping again to progress (this happens a lot), found silver key but never anything to use it on.

Finally. I never found the exit/end despite noclipping around. Strange map, don’t know why so many problems. Have played a million maps, on rare occasion I hit ones like this. shrug

[User added a rating.]

The map is well crafted but I have some complaints. The map doesn’t do a good job of guiding the player. I often went to find supplies/secrets in narrow and dark spaces between houses finding a new bunch of enemies telling me that it’s the main route. Also I got lost a bit after grabbing SNG. There was no clue of where to go next. I started wandering in the streets for some time until I ran into a bunch of enemies in the square with the same min-shub statue as in SNG square (at first I thought that I returned to the SNG square).

In the maps with such an interconnected layout it is necessary to guide the player: lights, arrows, monster trail. There’s a lot of ways to do it. The best way is by using landmarks so the player can always define in what part of the map he is and where he needs to proceed further. Current landmarks don’t do their job well cuz they are always somewhere really far between you and the samey looking streets.

Despite all of this the overall effort put into this map is really impressive. I’m looking forward to see the next map!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]