4b8e69180269d6fe63a558bc34c3f1ffc6e8764ccdabcf4a825aab787d205bb5

4b8e69180269d6fe63a558bc34c3f1ffc6e8764ccdabcf4a825aab787d205bb5
overall_rating 3.75 20

Forum thread for citdoom

Unregistered user “сергей” posted:

хорошая карта. Спасибо автору :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “Drew” posted:

Again, agree with SPirit on this one. Seems more ‘accomplished’ than Well of Souls, but that one has a lot more classic quakey heart, I thought. a bit too much button searching and backtracking (though always with more fights along the way).
3 stars.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Played in nightmare. 2/2 secrets found

Good layout, but maybe too much backtracking moments more than distance run. Good combats. A bit bland lighting. LIke ID maps in difficulty and amount of ammo/health, way over with the armour, and bit less in brushwork. Overall, very similar to iD maps.

Recommended. 4+ for the year.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I feel bad giving this a low rating because I’ve enjoyed other maps by the same author, but the gameplay and the architecture are both ultra-repetitive. There are too many fights with hordes of monsters in similar-looking rooms.

[User added a rating.]

Agreed that this is a retrograde step from Well of Souls. It’s still good clean fun, but it lacks the idiosyncratic trap aesthetic of that one, and the lighting really does that Bland to the next level. Still, I enjoyed it enough to score it three stars.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Decent gameplay and acceptable (if barebones) architecture. Honestly really enjoyed playing through this, especially with all the different ways old arenas were re-used for new fights - people complaining about backtracking are silly imo.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]