4d06d4d7205f649982496eecf9b5890b7ec2e155dd485b8acd08d45982ffea9d
overall_rating 3.935483870967742 31

Forum thread for czg02

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very nice. I found it quite tough and it was indeed confusing from time to time, as the editorial description states, but still wonderful overall.

The healing pool that deals negative damage is probably a clever idea, but in practice I found it a little annoying.

Highly recommended.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A very promising early effort from czg, who would go to become probably my favourite mapper: Ceremonial Circles, Insomnia and Honey are all absolute classics. Some of that czg magic is visible here, though it was yet to reach full bloom.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Some of the combat is pretty fun, and the map looks nice visually. It is rather confusing due to not telling you what any buttons do, and sometimes it does irritating things like spawning a shambler directly behind you on a narrow bridge (and there’s nothing in front of you) or spawning a vore right in front of your face. The area where two fiends jump at you the instant you get out of the water is also pretty annoying. If you can deal with things like this, I suppose it’s worth a try.

[User added a rating.]

I don’t think it’s confusing, and I would go further to say that the direction in the map is excellent. it gives you your objectives early on and a slight branching of paths that gives a small sense of exploration. Now its hardly perfect and the out of water fiends were cruel the first time, but it is absolutely enjoyable next to modern maps in it’s game play.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]