583dd6cad69136f33c3d03fe6381dfc7ca0c22a0af70ebcf3a4a0212cd4ceea6

583dd6cad69136f33c3d03fe6381dfc7ca0c22a0af70ebcf3a4a0212cd4ceea6
overall_rating 4.282051282051282 39

Unregistered user “boink182” posted:

this is very unique visually (for quake) and the gameplay isn’t as hard as people say, though it isn’t really that great either. it never really finds a rhythm, and there aren’t really any memorable encounters. it’s not terrible however, and the visuals and atmosphere go a long way to make up for it and keep you interested. the flashlight is a nice touch too. i would actually like to see more of this.

[User added a rating.]

Probably best Doom 3 emulation map for Quake. The gameplay is tough but I didn’t find it that ridiculous plus you can drop the skill if necessary.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Looks great, but difficulty is weird. Way too easy on easy, pretty hard on normal, did not even try hard.

Still a very solid map overall.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A very intense map that proves quite challenging on normal. I really enjoyed how the map built up tension by kitting you up without any enemies in the immediate area at one point, it really had me on the edge of my seat as I wondered "what could possibly happen that means i’m getting a SSG and LG now of all times?

I died a lot playing this map, as well. The heavy use of defenders and their devastating shotgun attack meant that I was often starved of health, so much so that a surprise dog attack managed to kill me at one point. Still, with a careful and measured approach it’s fairly easy to conquer the various encounters with tougher enemies such as those, turning what could have been a point of frustration into a sense of accomplishment at most points.

And oh my, the brushwork! This map is jam-packed with detail. Heavy use of clip brushes allows the author to fill the wall spaces with intricate texture and pipework, creating a playspace that feels busy and claustrophobic while remaining entirely playable. Such attention to detail changes nothing about how the map plays, but it makes a huge difference to how it feels and has a significant influence over how the player feels as they come away from the level at the end.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A+ atmosphere thanks to the sounds. This map has probably turned off dozens of people off Quoth because of its “innovative” skill balancing though.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]