5e1867373980db8ee57ac9f857c8b3f27aa31e8c2cc029e7bb02494776016fc6

5e1867373980db8ee57ac9f857c8b3f27aa31e8c2cc029e7bb02494776016fc6
overall_rating 4.028571428571428 35

Forum thread for m_palace

Unregistered user “Ubermann” posted:

Well constructed and good ambienced, but too easy even in nightmare skill.

Also some monsters can’t reach you because they can’t get “stuck” in a room while you kill them from outside, without any problem.

Unregistered user “Ankh” posted:

Average for me. Map is cramped and boring gameplay wise. Nice design in some places but nothing special.

Unregistered user “Fr3n” posted:

Cramped but beautiful architecture. Decent gameplay, but it’s the visuals that keep bringing me back.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Short, semi-linear map. It pulls off linear better than some others by making you go on a few other pathways but you always have to backtrack. It looks extremely good visually. A lot of the combat is cramped, but that’s something I don’t mind too much as long as no Vores are involved (there are two at the end, but the map gives you a sufficient layout for offing them. What I do like a lot is that it makes you be careful with your ammo, and makes you be extra careful lobbing grenades (due to the cramped nature). If you don’t mind linear, this is a very very good map.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Cramped and easy, but the arcthitecture is gorgeous.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The Cobalt Palace on The Quake Grave

I have to echo everyones sentiments above. It’s a little cramped but the map is very pretty! However, I think the map is fun and definitely worth a look, especially for the year.

The highlight for me was the branched out paths for each key. It doesn’t seem like this was being done a whole lot at this time, so it’s something interesting to keep in mind while playing it.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]