Unregistered user “negke” posted:

Fixed.

Unregistered user “Spirit” posted:

Beautiful!

Unregistered user “negke” posted:

Well, feel free to delete these four comments. :stuck_out_tongue:

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The current description above reads “Also, you are given regular quake weapons, and the boss isn’t shootable in this version.”

This is incorrect; Chthon is shootable and killable here: that is the entire gimmick. In fact, the map itself is arguably little more than a tech demo to show off the author’s killable Chthon mod (which predates bbelief).

Of course this only works if you play with “-game chthon” and not if you simply play the map in id1.

Yech, a semi-colon and a colon in the same sentence … I wish we could edit these comments.

Just had another look at the documentation, and the Chthon mod is by someone called Dave Weiden (and not by the author of boss.bsp).

Replaced the sentence about Chthon’s not being shootable with a note about the included mod. Does this gold star make me look fat?

[User added a rating.]

Absolutely

Not. But somehow special, i want one too! Platinum diamond plated rune.

Ah, that map better should have not see release. Jeez.

The Chthon mod/hack is pretty impressive, though. I just had a look at bbelief’s documentation, and it is indeed the same mod that Matthias Worch later used in Beyond Belief. I had always thought that Worch himself created the killable Chthon in bbelief.

[User added a rating.]

It is sad that the site has 1 heart as lowest score.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]