67bcd34cc1a597010fd73dcfcb3654de0f028f07c26f09bbc0685dcd12a6435b

67bcd34cc1a597010fd73dcfcb3654de0f028f07c26f09bbc0685dcd12a6435b
overall_rating 2.5 14

Forum thread for torre

What FacilisDK said, basically.

I do like the first room with its “mfx crate” (although it is bobbing a little unnaturally quickly), and the guillotine is a nice touch (even though it does not make much sense that you have to use it to open one of the doors). Short and simple, but quite nice for a debut map.

Unregistered user “mfx” posted:

whats a mfx crate?

A bobbing crate floating in water or slime (what I would assume to be a func_plat or a func_door set to move up and down ever so slightly and not too quickly – more slowly than in this map, anyway – shaped and textured like a crate and mostly covered in a liquid brush). You may not have invented the technique, but you do seem to have perfected it.

mfx = motion effects? :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “NOT mfx” posted:

deine Mudder Furzt X-rays?

func_train

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Perfectly pleasant, and worth a few minutes of your time.

But where is the last of the 14 monsters?

[User added a rating.]

I quite enjoyed the compact spaces in this level, it made combat against the melee-focused enemies a lot riskier than it sometimes is. I was disappointed by how easy it was to get snagged on the doorways and other features though - small areas like this are already a poor fit for quake’s movement system, making them worse with little things that can catch you and stop your movement isn’t a good idea.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]