687689c7b7b433b60de0ab9cf326f82ea022abf4f86a144abfd01169f7ceea46

687689c7b7b433b60de0ab9cf326f82ea022abf4f86a144abfd01169f7ceea46
overall_rating 2.173611111111111 18

Forum thread for gibfact

Unregistered user “Cocerello” posted:

The layout is very simple, most of it are just corridors, the architecture is average and the secrets are well placed, but the use of monsters and the amount of ammo is crappy. 2/5 at most.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s pretty weird, I’ll say that much. Consistently sub-par gameplay matched with consistently average gameplay.

[User added a rating.]

I found myself liking this map quite a bit. It’s got a clear theme that it’s following, and the cavalcade of enemies chosen for the map fit in pretty well. I especially liked the blargs that gave this feeling of a secret base overrun by aliens. The drones fit in too, but I’ve never liked their unforgivingly high damage output: a few shots and you’re dead.

The high tech weapon additions: the airfist and especially the plasma gun were cool, although the airfist seemed to make the super shotty available through weapon cycling, even if I hadn’t picked up one.

Ammo is kind of sparce, but it forces you to really choose the right weapon for each encounter, so I liked it. Health pickups are also somewhat hard to come by, especially when you have enemies like the drones draining your health at an alarming rate.

The brushwork is pretty good, and the new textures, if not the prettiest, fit the high-tech white sterile research base theme very well.

The secrets are pretty nice, too. Has anyone found the 5th secret? I did find A quad damage, but I’m not sure if it’s the one mentioned in the readme. Maybe it’s just not triggering with me for some reason.

Besides the overpowered drones, another complaint I have is having two gold key doors but only one gold key. Thankfully opening only one is necessary, but it could have been executed a little bit better, allowing for both of the doors to open. Another thing that rubs me the wrong way is having guard rails that you can’t jump over very easily.

Overall, the additional content doesn’t feel like tacked on stuff on top of Quake, but constitute a coherent theme that makes the map feel almost like a different game. This is along the lines of how partial conversions should be done. I’m somewhat tempted to rate this a 5/5 for the good execution of its theme, but it’s maybe just a little bit too unpolished to deserve it, so 4/5 (as of the time of writing this review).

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “iv” posted:

Nowhere in the multiverse does this deserve four stars. It’s really terrible. 2/5

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]