overall_rating 2.287179487179487 15

Forum thread for fire

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Having played this right after Liger’s other map, Earthworld, I have to agree with Ubermann. It looks like this map was made prior to that one. Arches are blocky and there are a few design flaws, like that starting path surrounded by lava on which enemies can’t follow the player. There’s also a thematic mismatch with the exit accessible via an underwater passage - cool water in a supposedly fire world?

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Compared to Earthworld, I think the gameplay was more challenging in this map. The player was even given a little bit of shells, so not just nail spamming in this one. All in all, I’d say it was more fun to actually play than Earthworld, which was too easy.

Yes, it doesn’t look quite as detailed as Earthworld, but I still think it looked pretty good for the time. Perhaps the underwater passage was supposed to lead to the intended Waterworld level (which the author scrapped). That could possibly explain the thematic mismatch.

I’m not sure if I quite got the hint where you were supposed to choose a path out of three. In fact, I just stormed past the room because of certain nasty monsters inhabiting the room. Didn’t turn out to be the wisest decision. xD

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

I feel that earthworld is the stronger of the dual maps created by this level designer as this map is quite short and less visually appealing than the brushwork in the map earthworld. As a positive i would say i like the author’s implementation of having the player choose the right warp porttal out of three possible choices in order to obtain the ruin key in order to exit the level. That was probably the most memorable part of the map. However I would still recommend recommend playing the map earthworld instead and would give fireworld a two out of five rating.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Very basic map, with blocky features and low amounts of ammo.

Link to Nightmare 100% walkthrough: https://youtu.be/FiwJ7oqWrao