7b9d1c01d0ad914d2eb64f1fa841c134c9a6f7c49f8dc93773477fe42756eee2

7b9d1c01d0ad914d2eb64f1fa841c134c9a6f7c49f8dc93773477fe42756eee2
overall_rating 2.941176470588236 17

Forum thread for assassin

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I agree, this has a lot of fun gameplay ideas. Much more creativity than the typical modern map.

[User added a rating.]

Yes, the execution is scrappy, but this map is certainly not short on ideas! Well worth playing, even if the over-reliance on teleports is a bit much.

BTW., this is pretty easy on “Hard”. Next time I play, I’ll be on Nightmare, and I recommend it for first-timers in this map, too.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Really fascinating map. It’s crude compared to modern maps and even compared to the best maps of 1997, but it also has a lot of innovative, unique ideas. I’d give this a 2 or 3 for entertainment value and a 5 for imagination.

Unregistered user “Repus” posted:

Don’t waste your time on this. Very crude, lighting sucks, the gameplay interest is zero. This level feels like the very very first attempt in mapping which the author decided to release regardless of its flaws. I have a level of my own that looks something like that, but I never uploaded it to any resource.

I was able to finish this “masterpiece” in just under two minutes because a player can jump over the bars in front of the exit teleporter instead of using the silver key.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Well, I really enjoyed this map.

The start of the map really tells you a story that you’re an assassin infiltrating a castle to assassin someone. The mountain walk with the wall jump by climbing. I really enjoyed the secrets: putting it in front of the player and giving him the choice to explore.

The middle section of the map had some cool ideas, like the water section with new floors being placed as the player progresses, and the invisible tiles really felt like a 90’s movie.

There were some flaws, like relying on portals to put the player in the right place and epthy hallways, maybe it coould have some fair traps in those halls to avoid being just a boring connection between places of the map.

Liked the part when you have a vore guarding some weapons, could rely on a little more difficult, like the demon’s nail spitting walls. And the knight appearing through the pillars were a neat idea, could do with some fiends.

The shoot the right button was a little odd, there was a way to discover the right one? And one dog got stuck in the ceiling.

The ‘boss’ could be a challeging thing, but I think for the time, they haven’t implemented new types of bosses, like the mods seen today.

@Repus, can you see the year it was made? And you glitched the map, well, congrats, this was not intended to be a speedrun. If you didn’t enjoy, don’t be a dick about it.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

Very creative fun quake map that has atmosphere, establishes tension, and has unique ideas in level design that was not seen within maps this early in quake’s modding history. It is a stronger and more creatively designed map than the level designer’;s previous released map “the lava mines”. Only disappointing thing i found within this map was that the final boss lord marleck was really easy to defeat for a final boss. Overall I would highly recommend downloading this classic quake map and would give it a four out of five rating.