8068b95d4eab5c3a8fb999d74c61ad5a48403d2ae4d775cc510217bfafce6cb7

8068b95d4eab5c3a8fb999d74c61ad5a48403d2ae4d775cc510217bfafce6cb7
overall_rating 2.75 13

Forum thread for mekbase

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The first room, for its time its way better than expected, with the shambler and the secrets adding to it. The second is just OK and the third has some problems with the lava.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Besides the mech and the spiderweb floor, the map looks really boxy and unspectacular, as you can see from the screenshot.

The first room is definitely the best of the bunch, with a cool gimmick (I bet you can’t figure out what it is) ;D which in the end is a bit too gimmicky for its own good. The close-quarters combat is surprisingly fun in the crate “maze” too.

There are other aggravating things about the map besides the gimmicky gimmick, such as cheap traps (which luckily failed to kill me) and a “spiderweb” floor, which looks really cool, but is really easy to fall down from.

I’d still say the map’s worth a playthrough, if you like early boxy custom maps.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Boxy and small (which is not unusual for early '97), but loaded with interesting concepts and gimmicks. The BattleMech & vore-on-a-spiderweb-floor was pretty memorable. I got to give this map a 3 (average) just for the sheer amount of ingenuity, despite its issues.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s a map with a big Mech in it. You can go inside and shoot some lasers at a Shambler. Other than that, not much to remember. The map is simply a collection of 3 random rooms with below average quality.

Link to Nightmare 100% walkthrough: https://youtu.be/UF9CMFfpK9Q