[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Sardine” posted:

I’m still playing CTSJ2, but Bal’s map, “Dehydration Station” was absolutely delightful in the way it fit CTSJ2’s theme!

This jam was fantastic, as expected, and every map shines (including the sunny start map). While I had a ton of fun with all of them, I did want to comment on two in particular. Fairweather’s map is one of the best Quake maps I’ve ever played: it has stunning oldschool architecture and lighting that highlight the best elements of the runic theme, a wonderfully oppressive atmosphere and inventive quad mechanic that guides you and keeps you moving forward, and a sort of combat-puzzle encounter design that I’ve always wanted to see in more Quake maps. Fans of Sunlust will have a ton of fun with it. Don’t forget the hidden final fight! It’s the hardest one, and is very satisfying to complete.

Mazu’s map was an evolution of (what I consider) one of the greatest strengths of Mazu maps, in that he does exploration like nobody else, except this time you’re taking the supplies you find back to crafting/market areas in order to have enough supplies to progress through the map, like a step up from his key market in Chamber of Forbidden Runes. Mechanics like this really add to replayability, since you can approach the level in whatever way you’d like. If only there was a way to see what supplies you had, though! The secrets are plentiful, and are a ton of fun to find, following a difficulty curve from easy to very hard, so there’s something for people of all skill levels. I always liken Mazu secrets to munching on a plate of cookies, they’re just really satisfying, plentiful, and almost always have tells that let you recognize them if you pay attention. This map is probably the largest I’ve ever played, and is basically another game in itself. The best part is, it’s only the beta version, so I’m really looking forward to playing the final release.

Superb release. “Weeping shades of indigo” was my favourite of the pack, kind of a mix between an ancient sith temple and that place with the snake women in “Arx fatalis”, sinister, mysterious and scary.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Yet again… an absolutely wonderful map pack!

The maps vary, as in all communal projects, from excellent to… not quite. But each and every one shows good mapping, good details, great ideas and quite a bit of thinking-out-of-the-box.

The one single map that made this rise to a five-star rating (not to belittle any of the others) is Mazu’s “McGyver” map. I have a secret suspicion that this map may not entirely have been concieved within the time limit…

Exploring. New ideas. A new way of doing quake… that includes all the old ones. Bloody marvellous. It took me bloody 2½ days to finish this map, and im still a handful of monsters and 14 secrets down…

All of you: really well done. Mazu: exceptional!
Thanks for your time and efforts, and thanks for sharing, everyone.