8c702b8a5dc79b447ec8825a0835ffc6ac0171f76f0f830d4de4c60cc762a70f

8c702b8a5dc79b447ec8825a0835ffc6ac0171f76f0f830d4de4c60cc762a70f
overall_rating 4.666666666666667 48

Forum thread for copper

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Overall I like this, but I did hate that the supernailgun got less accurate. Also, is it just me or does the sound effect of picking up a backpack sound like slurping on a milkshake? The ogres are definitely more deadly, not as much as in Quoth or Something Wicked, but still more than vanilla Quake.

[User added a rating.]

Hey Solomoriah. I kinda like milkshakes in my backpack. This episode is done very well. Very challenging! At least for me. The ammo is a bit scarce as well as the health…but that’s what makes it challenging. It is balanced though, but you need to figure how to proceed and this is for all the maps in this pack.

Great work! Thanks for sharing.

Pete (Gotshun) D.

Unregistered user “Vasya shkolnik” posted:

Hi, on e3m7, at 14|42 kills I toggle a swith and 4 zombies spawned in a holl unred the room. I can fall into this hole, but cant go back. Is it ok?
In ID at this moment these 4 zombies teleports around me.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “(gila)” posted:

Вася школьник, I reported the same bug, they already found out the reason for that.

http://celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61746

(read from post #108)

Unregistered user “Vasya shkolnik” posted:

gila, spasibo za ssilku.
I passed origonal Quake on Nightmare through this mod with all secrets, and game feels like more difficult. But this mod did not resolved main problem of Quake, and sometimes it improved the problem: fat-ass monsters, and weak fartgun called “shotun”. Tight coridors with 5 deaths-knights stay at the line, and each of them required 5 weak shots of weak shotgun, 5 boring sickish shots. Run, count “one… two… three… four… five…, ok, next… one… tho… three… omg die please i so bored to kill u”. I saw a mod where shotgun was double stronger with slowed down rate of fire, and it was really cool.
And in this mod it looks like Spawns got more health points? Oh no, please.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I have no objection to this mod, but it doesn’t in itself make a big difference. I suppose that be counted as a success, since its goal was not to make radical changes but just to tune up the engine.

Mixed feelings on nerfing the SNG. It has bothered me in the past that the regular-ass nail gun is the one weapon that you never use once you get the upgraded version: the single shotgun and grenade launcher both have their uses. It’s good that the Copper team found a way to fix that, but it’s never fun when an existing thing is made less powerful. I wonder whether instead they might have done it by making the regular-ass nailgun’s ammo travel faster, making it a better long-range weapon rather than making the SNG worse.

[User added a rating.]

Oh, and it missed the tweak I would have liked most: that ammo boxes and health are not picked up unless there is capacity to use their whole value. There’s nothing more irritating than having to carefully edge around a powerup that I want to save for later because (say) I already have 99 shells and don’t want to waste a box of 40 just to get one more.