8d7ede6e224d4e4d194cd89202a2fd648bf7a51be16411e659a4a4ec78ce2fe6

8d7ede6e224d4e4d194cd89202a2fd648bf7a51be16411e659a4a4ec78ce2fe6
overall_rating 3.789473684210526 19

Forum thread for dd

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It’s rare enough to find a mission pack of this size (8+2 maps) for SoA. I think it is remarkable for its clever (small) puzzles and creative traps, and also architecture does not disappoint. Maybe some levels look a bit basic, but in general it’s a lot of fun. The only place I got stuck for a while was in “Ionic Obituary” when I had to find out which pipe to destroy in order to open a barrier (hint: look above and aim at the spot next to the door). I liked the general concept with the monster cloning machines, and the monster mass battle at the beginning of the final map was great. It also has a gibbable Shub, so don’t look for a telefrag option here. Only real criticism is the second secret level which is apparently DM-only, no monsters to fight there at all. Final verdict: Fair level design, fun gameplay, enjoyable cinematics. SoA owners should download! (Rating: 4/5)

Ah, and I forgot:
You do not have to copy this into your hipnotic folder (as the readme states). Just rename pak1/pak2.pak to pak0/pak1.pak, copy it into a separate folder (e.g. “dominion”) and run it like “-hipnotic -game dominion”. Works just fine!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

this was a fun romp with some great gameplay for me.

[User added a rating.]

Actually really good: a solid, meaty feast of very old-school Quakery. There were two or three places where it was let down by really crummy brushwork that impeded movement, but over all this is a credible gaming experience that has one of the least anticlimactic endings of any Quake pack I know.

Very underrated release, a very intersting full episode for SoA with a very nice level design, some puzzles to resolve and some good fighting against monsters (especially last level!). Only little “disappointment” is that you can get easily lost and blocked in some levels. This deserve 4,5/5

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]