9a84cba97142577cfdc8bcc919ade42464d86c0fd57b9268a0fd83d96ef7b894

9a84cba97142577cfdc8bcc919ade42464d86c0fd57b9268a0fd83d96ef7b894
overall_rating 2.4 10

Forum thread for cotud

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Plain, but fun, probably because you have a lot of room to move around.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “JMP” posted:

Blocky and plain, but the combat is pretty fun and the layout is decent with a few non-linear flourishes.

[User added a rating.]

While the map looks horribly dull, at least the themes are consistent with id, mostly being terracotta but having a little bit of wizard at the end.

JMP got the gameplay aspect well described, so I won’t add much to it, but I did notice that the map starts a bit slow forcing the player to use the single barrel shotgun for maybe a bit unnecessarily long, and then you get three new weapons all in the same room. Maybe a bit more trickling would’ve been in order.

There’s also an abundance of yellow armor in the map. I would’ve replaced them with green armor, since there’s plenty of space to dodge enemies around, and combining that with pretty high-tier armor makes things too easy. I did come across an unofficial secret, where I would retain the yellow armor, though.

Speaking of easy, the final arena was a bit of a let-down. Lots of space and the boss probably isn’t whom you’d expect to see.

When all’s said and done, the map’s still pretty fun to play, and I’d probably rate it 2,5 if I could.

As a sidenote, the map has the rare inclusion of ogre marksmen, since I saw one infighting a regular ogre.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]