overall_rating 4.425 40

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Awesome, freaky map. The last area is a crazy challenge that I must admit I did really badly at, but it was still fun!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Simply fantastic level bursting with creativity and good design. Tje central gimmick of shoot-switches operating multiple gizmos is interesting and well-executed. The layout is very non-linear, interconnected, and full of secrets (I got 8/9), some of which let you approach encounters in totally different ways. The difficulty is reasonable on skill 2, and the final setpiece is quite a challenge indeed. I won’t spoil it, but it’s quite a crazy setup that took me many tries to conquer. The texturing and architecture are great, although unfortunately there are some fullbright pixels (which is odd to see in a 2017 map).

I see another commenter complaining about respawning ammo - which I normally dislike - but it’s kind of necessary considering the very high amount of non-secret shoot switches. You wouldn’t want to run out of ammo just from exploring/backtracking through the level.

[User added a rating.]

The last bit took a lot of my time and patience, I was certainly not expecting to re-experience Battletoads in Quake, and I’m glad it’s over. The rest of the map was a lot of fun however.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]