aa9efa3673a95f6d01afb980eec58081dbfb77946913c306a747305f0628f369

aa9efa3673a95f6d01afb980eec58081dbfb77946913c306a747305f0628f369
overall_rating 4.568627450980392 51

Forum thread for fmb_bdg

Unregistered user “MegaQuaker” posted:

Outstandling visuals, coupled fairly nicely with good gameplay. The massive difficulty spike at the end was a bit much though. Still a can’t miss.

Unregistered user “Ubermann” posted:

Great map. Good ambience and balanced difficult. One of the best ever. Just a Must-Have.

Congratulations.

Works 100% with Darkplaces Engine.
Doesn’t work with WinQuake, FUHQuake.
With FTEQuake the map seems that has “sv_gravity 200 or something”.

But I found a small bug:

In the keep entrance, where a Yellow Key is required to open an horizontal bar, it’s possible to reach that place without the key, by the right stairs and then jumping up to the sloped border.

Unregistered user “Qmaster” posted:

This level was fun, though it does have some flow issues like Ubermann was saying. Excellent hard to find secret areas, if only because it was so dark. I can’t believe I didn’t get the bookshelf secret until last :stuck_out_tongue: 5/5 excellent atmo!

Unregistered user “Spirit” posted:

If you want to use FTE you have to set cl_netfps to 0.

Unregistered user “Evernight” posted:

Always been a fan of Mike Woodham’s FMB maps… just a wholesomeness about them :slight_smile: recommended!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

amazing.

[User added a rating.]

No question, this is a stone-cold classic map. Beautiful to look at, lovely to play, and very high RE-playability. 5/5 is a no-brainer.

Anyone who’s not yet seen the sequel (a three-map pack of which this is the first) should get over to https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/fmb_bdg2.html ASAP!

Two questions about secrets.

First, how do I get up to the blue armour in the ogre’s balcony very near the start? I’ve hunted around that library forEVER and not found a thing.

Second, I see the rocket launcher up in a niche on a ledge above the main area, just outside the windows that overlook it from the first room. But I can’t start to find a way up there. Anyone got it?

Oh, and while I’m asking: after you drop down from the bridge over the lava onto the ledge from which you reach the lightning-gun secret, how on earth do you get back up?