Forum thread for infernalislands

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is certainly quite different.

In some aspects, it’s clearly a ‘first map’ - learning the editor and stuff. But i have rated it above average, mainly for the concept and a couple of fun ideas, but also for the attempt to create a reasonable terrain.

Terrain is hard to do, and usually one of the last things a new mapper attempts. Here, it’s the first thing…

It is always nice to see a new mapper - let us see where this leads!
Have fun with mapping in the future, and thanks for sharing!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Well, it took me 7 Minutes to complete on skill 2 and it’s been a bit of a slaughterfest :smiley:
Considering the fact that this is your first Map, at least I can say: it’s working, whilst the Textures looked pretty much messed up and the Skybox seemed not to load for me, so it looked anything else but like your Preview Picture. Inside the Zip I found doom.wads for unknown reasons. Anyway I rate this a 2/5 just because first try. Thanks

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m totally with The_Pirate in that this map is quite different. And I mean that in a good way, especially for a first map. It can be really tough to get what’s in your head into a 3-D environment and have it work, but this author has managed to do very well for a first map!

The author managed to use the gamut of AD baddies, so while not being particularly difficult, it certainly was entertaining.

I loved the concept and hope you continue to feed the nightmares that manifest themselves in Quake maps and to develop your skills with the editor. Thanks for sharing with us and we look forward to your next offering!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]