c372614cf2a1d238cbd7cdd70c1b94fe16b540fa10db505c36b6b8dfa1f7b327

c372614cf2a1d238cbd7cdd70c1b94fe16b540fa10db505c36b6b8dfa1f7b327
overall_rating 4.085 25

Forum thread for cappuccino_v2

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Played on normal and nightmare difficulties.

Quite good. you can see the base as a speedmap and the parts inspired by Quake 3.
Provides good and fun combats here and there, being the best the ones near the first gold key’s door, but some not so good but never bad placements, like the ones at the first ‘‘room’’.
The layout is simple but very well built and connected.
The brushwork is a bit plain but effective, and makes up for its plainness with the usage of textures and lighting. It has some places to look at where to get there … which is good.
Ammo isn’t well distributed at the beginning and the amount is over what you can carry even if you backtrack, but nothing outrageous. Health and armor are well used.
The secrets were nice, with the first as my favorite, simple and relies on exploration. I don’t like the second but the third is one is one that i like, even while considering that the way to get to it isn’t to my tastes, even though it is well executed. They are all are well placed and with the right reward inside.
Difficulty is a bit over ID maps, and there is no unfair parts.

To summarize. 4+

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I had already played this one but decided to revisit it as part of my current run of Hrimfaxi maps. Cocerello said pretty much everything in his approximative english. Not sure why he doesn’t like the second secret, though. To complement the Q3 textures and enhance the mood, I recommend using a nice nightsky skybox instead of the default moving stars.