c84734838e68fe3388466ead21c35c05bf31a116e97e3600b4e2c9646307c67c

c84734838e68fe3388466ead21c35c05bf31a116e97e3600b4e2c9646307c67c
overall_rating 3.666666666666667 18

Forum thread for sadlark5

Unregistered user “Fr3n” posted:

This one’s a gem. 100x better if you have Trial of the Bow or Dead Can Dance playing in the background.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Played on skill 2, all killed and found.

Quite good, very solid and compact, in both gameplay and layout.

It is fun overall, have some nice layout and ideas, while it is cramped sometimes it is just a bit, has some enjoyable combats and encourages a good use of the RL. The numbered secrets are required/half required to complete the map but they aren’t that much hidden, but on the other side there is some non numbered secrets.

On the negative side, the teleporters aren’t activated at the right time so the enemies can be sniped by a cautious player, and while the traps are well done in general, there is a single insta-death trap that i cannot see how to avoid on the first run.

I rate it 4+.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Great level with fast-paced gameplay and nice aesthetics, especially for 97. It’s mainly terracotta, with a little divergence into Rogue (MP2) style. It has a sadistic bent (which takes about 0.1 seconds to find out), but it’s not unreasonable. There are cramped areas, but I would imagine that was actually part of the sadistic design. And it works, it forces you to remember your explosives safety training. Anyways, the combat is great. Every enemy feels threatening due to their clever placement. But the level is very generous with weapons & powerups, giving you one of each along the way. The lightning gun, in a custom map? Unthinkable! But yes, it’s true. I actually didn’t end up using it, but the sentiment was appreciated.

The only annoyance in this level was the strange required secret, which took a minute of confusion to find.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]