d51d980d60fefcf6befabf0e8602282d8ed5e74ce94896e1c324e9077ee62be2

d51d980d60fefcf6befabf0e8602282d8ed5e74ce94896e1c324e9077ee62be2
overall_rating 3.464285714285714 28

Forum thread for forsaken_v2

Tow words: SEVERELY UNBALANCED

No overall cohesive progression to connect the different areas. And again, severely unbalanced where too many monsters are placed everywhere with no perceivable strategy or rationale.

On the pro side the brushing is not bad at all and while it may still evolve to craft more absorbing architectures it doesn’t look like a novice work.

Tip to the author: There is much potential in your work. Give gameplay and overall planing of the level more thought. Consider the balance between boring/challenging/frustrating while test playing it and get more feedback before considering it finished.

My 5 cents

[User added a rating.]

Loads of fun slaughtermap for Quake :smiley: There is this 1 part with the Shamblers which is a real challenge… But it’s a great map for epic, epic Quad runs!

[User added a rating.]

Extremely hard map. Puts Smej on its knees. But quite fun if played in proper non serious mood. Also usage of blood-stained walls is nice - rarely seen anywhere; lovely

[User added a rating.]

Very hard map, not for that less fun. Totally the opposite of that. Map is challenging and fun. The shambler part will make you see god by the way >=)

What are you waiting for? GO FOR IT!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The Last room battle “*%£!:@$!king hell” lol Gotta give it 5/5.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

In response to alex about the theme: it’s cool someone commented on the visuals of this map! while being “basic id1 runic” I tried to take my own spin on it by playing on the games already existing religious undertones and adding drama to it by making it extra bloody and grotesque to really symbolize the brutality of crucifixion which is also where the name of the map actually came from “why has thou forsaken me”

In response to some of the other comments: The gameplay matches the brutal nature of the theme as well I advise anyone struggling with it to lower the difficulty, a lot of effort was put into balancing each difficulty so if it’s difficult on “hard” and a nightmare on “nightmare” well that’s the point!

Unregistered user “firsttimer” posted:

very hardcore but very good and fun, and well balanced. the final slaughter area was pretty funny ngl.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “Michael” posted:

I beat it, I actually beat the ending. Nightmare difficultly and maybe 50 loads. The ogre pit too was a brief obstacle, but nothing on the scale of the end. How I did it - prioritised the shamblers, a few quad rockets but mostly spamming pills at the horded masses. Grenades really open up space to kite round. Fun map, but won’t revisit for a while

[User added a rating.]