df949a44631d03cb44a8634667f0eab57496bc3f5b925b7c07b5239d395eaf07

df949a44631d03cb44a8634667f0eab57496bc3f5b925b7c07b5239d395eaf07
overall_rating 3.15 20

Forum thread for bnt2

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I think we know where czg might have got the “shoot the rocket into the hole to progress” trick from when he made Honey…

[User added a rating.]

A sequel to the author’s previous map, Bridges and Towers. It’s done in the same style but on a smaller scale and with less complexity. Bridges was one of the best maps of the 90s. This is less impressive, but I’d still call it better than “average” or “OK.” It’s polished and well-built, making good use of Quake’s 3D capabilities.

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “ru” posted:

Wonderful map! Complex bridge labyrinth and wonderful riddles. Moreover I’ve never seen a cube with buttons in any other Quake level. And actually, the “rocket hole” idea was invented way back in 1997! :slight_smile:
Definitely deserves at least the “good” mark.

Unregistered user “Repus” posted:

I’ve seen some pretty straight forward dumb levels on this resource ranked “nice” by the editor, and this level deserves more than “average” rating.

Yes, it is shorter than the first part, and there are no secrets (that I hate), but it is still well-thought polished and complex level. It also shows some cool ideas, i. e. silver and golden keys coming down from the ceiling on a sort of a hook.

If you’re using darkplaces engine, don’t bother trying playing this map, 'cause those hooks mentioned above with: the silver key, the golden key and the rune come down EMPTY, and the whole game in this level is based around these three elements. I encountered this problem in other levels with darkplaces, but it was usually absence of an item in a secret area, which was not so crucial. Too bad. I was lucky to play this level back in the late 90’s, when the best thing you could imagine with Quake was running GLQuake with Voodoo 2 videocard installed on your Pentium 2, and nobody thought of enhanced engines for Quake, so back then I actually saw the keys and the rune.

Use QuakeSpasm. :wink:

The editors try to rate “objectively” which for old 90s maps means “for the time.” I agree though, there are better 90s maps, including the author’s previous one. I found this one really confusing when I first played it, to be honest.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Well this wasn’t for my taste.

Everytime you open a door and feels like progression: backtrack.

Oh you found this? A door opened all the way back. Oh you found the gold key? A door opened for you to get the silver key, but all the way back.

A trap button that open a door with a vore and a fiend, felt cheap. The intention of the map is mainly to press buttons, and there was no indication of the trap, so a lame way of difficult.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]