e680c4580038f45a4b4e27ede87d8ef603edca46665912d77aa847fa0b768a7c

e680c4580038f45a4b4e27ede87d8ef603edca46665912d77aa847fa0b768a7c
overall_rating 4.208333333333333 48

Forum thread for oblivion

Unregistered user “Rick Lipsey” posted:

Hey, thanks for the compliments. I’ve recently begun playing Quake again and some of the newer maps are amazing. After all these years it’s nice to know my maps can still provide an hour or so of fun to somebody :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “Gib” posted:

Excellent map, great fun to play. Plenty of ammo to do the job.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Seems like the map will be linear from the start but there is a bit of non-linearity to it. I’m pretty sure I skipped a portion of the map when I fell down somewhere. This map is fairly tough.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’m stumped after passing the gold key door. There’s the silver key door, a raised lift, and some other barred paths that I can’t get past, and multiple seeming dead ends. On the other hand I’ve found plenty of secrets in my exploration… good so far I guess, nice mix of old school and “newer” ideas. I just wish I could get anywhere from here.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I would have rated this a 5 if I hadn’t already played some of the best maps by CZG, Sock et al… A very good map that doesn’t look too outdated considering its age. Secrets are good, not too hard to find and definitely come in handy to help obliterate the castle’s durable denizens. I did miss one, though: I knew where it was but failed to find its access. As for the rest, what Spirit and FifthE said.

Oh, forgot to mention the other reason why I didn’t rate it 5: it’s possible to skip about half of the map by heading directly to the exit after the bridge with 2 blue overhead lights.