efd17699b20c942e447b8326d8dbff141ff2432db8cba62ffe70a596683be487

efd17699b20c942e447b8326d8dbff141ff2432db8cba62ffe70a596683be487
overall_rating 3.076923076923077 13

Forum thread for civil

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Secret Civilization on The Quake Grave

Secret Civilization basically takes rooms and pieces inspired from Episode 1 in Quake and makes a linear level out of them. Surprisingly, it works very well! Some times I don’t know what to think when I read a description like that, as it sounds gimmicky. However, Pete Jones actually did a good job with this and it’s fun to see all the pieces inspired by those first few levels.

All that said, I couldn’t finish the level without clipping up to the top of the building and hitting the button. I really wasn’t sure how I was supposed to get up there. If anyone plays this and figures it out, let me know. I wasn’t sure if it was an engine issue or what but this almost ruined the experience for me.

[User added a rating.]

Turns out the elevator to the top is in the water. I used this elevator twice, but I thought that this only went to the main level so I kept getting off of it before it reached the top. Ah Well!

[User added a rating.]

Fun map. Progression is totally linear and the architecture is a pastiche of Episode 1’s architecture, but if you enjoyed E1 then this should give you 5 minutes of entertainment. The secrets are decent: a couple are obvious and a couple are less obvious.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is a cute “mini map” paying homage to episode 1. Like JMP stated, it’ll give you 5 minutes of fun.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]