f40017500e54a222a99ef81abed5d70597ea5e134a44c46b2076cec237836d7a

f40017500e54a222a99ef81abed5d70597ea5e134a44c46b2076cec237836d7a
overall_rating 2.818181818181818 11

Forum thread for electric

[User added a rating.]

whatever makes the dogs fast applies to the monsters in regular quake in E1M8, perhaps in the rest of Quake, too.

I can appreciate that the author was trying to do some interesting things here, and some of it works. The creaky doors and falling pipe are nice, as are the gib-able eggs (although it would have been even nicer if they could hatch), and I can imagine what kind of atmosphere all of it was supposed to create…

… but in practice it is very plain, and some of the modifications (such as the fast dogs) just come across as silly. The pace is overly slow and the layout is for the most part fairly two-dimensional. I get the feeling it could have worked better if it were scaled down considerably: at about a quarter of the size, this might have been an enjoyable quirky level, despite its flaws.

[User added a rating.]

dBAudio: indeed, and one of the spiders replaces the regular Quake Grunt – so if you were extremely bored, you could play all of Quake within this mod and it would basically be a slightly different game (you could do the same with any mod that modifies the existing Quake monsters).

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “JMP” posted:

The concept is really cool, but the gameplay has a few flaws. E.g. many of the modified dogs are placed in small, cluttered rooms, which neutralizes their extra speed.

On the other hand, the map has a lot of nice details that add to the realistic environment. In particular, I like how the player sees a bunch of dog carcasses right after he goes down to the lower level–it’s a clever way of indicating that he’s about to confront a stranger, more powerful enemy.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]