f88015cb39b7b2a709031e4238f5e7767766c406d8889b65f77eec9f6b43c048

f88015cb39b7b2a709031e4238f5e7767766c406d8889b65f77eec9f6b43c048
overall_rating 3.774853801169591 19

Forum thread for mexx7

Probably the best of the seven first ‘‘mexx’’ maps. The beginning is very atypical but nice. The brushwork is very simple but it is well used, highlighting the rooms after the one the screenshot shows. Layout is shining here, with the ‘‘labyrinth’’ being the best. The combat is quite good and here it uses quite well the brushes to become even better.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Played this after playing a couple of the author’s earlier maps. Those maps were crude but also fun and imaginative. This is the opposite: it’s more polished but quite bland. It feels like Quake by numbers expect for the underground maze section, which is a Doom throwback.

There’s nothing really wrong with this map, but I don’t think it really stands out either.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

“It feels like Quake by numbers”

In retrospect, this was unfair and inaccurate. The gameplay here is actually similar to the gameplay in the other mexx maps, with lots of in-your-face fights, often one right after another. The big difference is that the earlier mexx maps are fairly dark, which hides their plainness, while here it’s on full display.

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

I would give this map a three out of rating. There is not enough variety in brushwork through out the map which makes the level feel plain and boring. I found the author’s previous maps in the mexx series to be more original and more fun to play through. The one positive thing i can say about this map is that their is less darkness and the player can navigate more easily throughout the map then his previous maps. Overall, i feel their are better maps more worthy of your time to play through on the quaddicted archive.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]