overall_rating 1.909090909090909 12

Forum thread for crusade5

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I liked the map. It sure is blocky and ugly, but if you’re up for some puzzle solving and especially, if you have seen the film, I think you might like giving the map a go. (I think it’s been at least 15 years since I’ve last seen it, but playing the map brought in mind some of the scenes in the film.) Having seen the film certainly will help with the puzzle in the screenshot! ;D

The extremely crude looks prevent me from rating this map too highly, but the novel idea was executed pretty well and I had fun solving the puzzles.

[Mild spoilers below]

Note that you should probably treat most of the combat encounters as puzzles in their own right, too. You’ll probably get killed if you rush in guns a’ blazin’. What reinforces the idea even more is that often the monsters don’t face you when you enter the room, giving you the opportunity to think how to best tackle the situation.

There was a point where you were supposed to backtrack without any proper hints that you should do so. A text message there would have been nice, but I didn’t end up scratching my head for too long. (Maybe remembering the film better would have made it more obvious to turn back at that point.)

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

It tries to emulate the temple area of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but it’s a pretty bad map. Might be a bit low on ammo, if you dont find the Super Nailgun.

Link to Nightmare 100% walkthrough: https://youtu.be/0PNjVRMnhgw