overall_rating 4.010989010989011 14

Forum thread for modjam2_ai

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

SUPER
ORIGINAL
STUFF!!!

Lots of fun - modding jam ftw

a great bunch of mods on all parts. my personal favourite was the mimic/chomp mod by snout.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

On Quakespasm (at least) snaut’s mod messes up game saves. Tried playing Ogre Fortress and had disembodied heads chasing me… not as fun as it sounds.

[User added a rating.]

nice

i really want to make a map with the cat thing

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

4LT’s Leading-Shot Turret Mod is well executed, but doesn’t make Quake more fun – quite the opposite. And to be fair, I suspect that may be true of quite a few of these. It’s a fundamental problem: it’s more fun to fight dumb enemies than clever ones. We’ll see.

I’m not a fan of Asaki’s Neko for Quake!. I’m assuming this is a reference to some pop-culture thing I’m not familiar with.

I don’t understand what to do with bmFbr’s Skaarj for Quake. There doesn’t seem to be a map, and playing a random existing map (Malvirta Station,) it doesn’t seem that playing it under the mod makes any difference. Help me?

I couldn’t figure out a good way to test dumptruck_dss Chthon+. I can of course go to make e1m7, which has the original Chthon, but modern version of Quakespasm don’t seem to let me give myself weapons with impulse nnn any more. Oh well. I guess this is a dev tool, not a demo.

I didn’t much like the sound of matboe’s Mama Shambler, so I skipped it. It just felt like Hard For Hard’s Sake.

I played through e3m1 using Shamblernaut’s Chomps the Mimic extension, delibrately taking damage so I could pick up health boxes and see a mimic attack. No mimic attacks. /shrug/