overall_rating 3.15 40

Forum thread for deso

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unexpected brushwork for its time.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I had fun with this map once I figured out what was wrong with my quake setup. You can watch my video for it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0N42bY1Ptg

Well designed and quite enjoyable. I only found 3 secrets.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I quite enjoyed this short map. It had some nice combat and traps. The layout was pretty cool as well, I especially liked the bridge area for its connectivity. The only part I didn’t like was when you go up an elevator and get two ogres right in your face. Not very pleasant. The visuals were alright as well, nothing too special but definitely not bad. I know it’s a minor detail, but I found that boat ride pretty fun. :slight_smile: Anyway, I recommend you try this map.

[User added a rating.]

Pretty good for a 1996 map. There’s some alright combat and some cool tricks in there, though there are a handful of flaws. There’s a really annoying lava trap and a lift that leads you directly into the face of an ogre, and you have to wait for a boat to go back and forth once when you get the gold key (although the boat is pretty cool). It’s got some really cool secrets too (I found them all). 3/5

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Thank you for this level. It was fun to figure out the enemy layout. The most memorable part was the boat in the lava.

[User added a rating.]