Forum thread for guard

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

decent. too bad it’s not larger.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

A fantastic map! The brushwork is great with lots of detail and atmosphere. The map is rather linear but flows very well. The difficulty ramps up nicely, although there is at least one monster trap that borders on being cheap (at least in hard difficulty) but not unmanageable. Overall this is one of the best of the early maps that I’ve played.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Perfectly enjoyable, but I don’t really understand Noxat’s enthusiasm. I’d say it was good for 1996, but no better than ID’s levels, and certainly nothing close to a 5* map by modern standards.

[User added a rating.]

Average. I finished it pretty quickly, not really memorable but not a bad map by any means.

Unregistered user “Andrew Smith” posted:

“Unnecessarily released as a PAK” yeah I always regretted not releasing this as a single BSP. I had grand plans to do a whole new episode and it seemed like a good idea at the time to do a start map and release in a PAK. Ah well, really happy to see people are still enjoying the level anyway :slight_smile:

[User added a rating.]

You should finish the episode. :slight_smile:

Unregistered user “spy” posted:

Andrew Smith is one of my favorite mappers from the 90’s, maybe it’s not his best effort, comparing his other works “carnage” and “epoch”, but definitely worth a try 4/5

Glad you’re still around Mr. Smith

[User added a rating.]

“You should finish the episode. :)”

Yeah, 20 years later, why not? Lol

I love seeing these veterans show up on the community 2 decades later. Quake is one of a kind.

Good map btw.