4207fef65cbf5f8197ea7ad633bd5620565caa28b8523e149a69d78a1f297902

4207fef65cbf5f8197ea7ad633bd5620565caa28b8523e149a69d78a1f297902
overall_rating 4.542857142857143 70

Forum thread for rapture

Unregistered user “Ron” posted:

Shalrath,

Other than the crap EA and most other shite software producers chuck on the market, this is an non-commercial release, a labor of love thing. Surely it can’t be judged as a professional release. I think mods should be FUN ! And this is a very nice one to play through, in my opinion.

Unregistered user “Ankh” posted:

I have some fond memories about this pack. I was really impressed back then.

Unregistered user “Fr3n” posted:

When this came out, I manually removed the fullbright pixels using mpak and texmex. It looked much better in software mode then. :slight_smile:

in all fairness though, it was released when practically everyone was still using GLQuake out of the box, even though it sucked.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

This is the most fun I’ve had in Quake.

[User added a rating.]

Really impressed on how complex the level design is. It’s pretty easy to get lost (must’ve said “ok, where’s the door this key unlocks/that button opened?” to myself at least once on every level"), but the level’s are still fun to run around in and there are usually spawned monsters to let you know when you’re in the right area to advance. The only disappointment is how few secrets there were, but the one’s that are there are tough, so there’s plenty of replay value—which the ‘ending’ encourages, lol.

Gameplay was top-notch, especially the last level with the giant circular arena you start out in, filled with monsters and with ogres raining grenades from platforms above you. Definitely one of the more unique Quake battles I’ve fought.

Unregistered user “boink182” posted:

while this collection might be a little rough around the edges in some ways, and could have used just a tad more polish, it remains one of my personal favorites. just the way everything leads up to that crazy chaotic scene at the end is just great, and i really had that satisfied feeling of almost having played an entire little game in of itself by the end, and this was accomplished with just a handful of maps. really cool!

Nice texturing and some really well-done castle areas to explore. Basically, the core maps are ending with boss fights against some elemental knights who are guarding the runes. The story is a bit different - you are a rather pathetic guy who likes to complain about why they sent him, whines after boss fight injuries etc.
Only criticism: Even though it has nine maps, it merely features five “real” levels, the rest are quite short intro/outro parts without any combat. Anyway, the authors came up with a clever idea for a creative transition from the end back to the beginning. Final verdict: A lot of fun, a fair challenge and great level design. [Technical info: With FitzQuake Mk V, I had some freezes in “Castle Rapture” for some reason, but I managed to continue by ignoring the knights at the beginning.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

at the time this was released, it was definitely a marvel of creation. i enjoyed every minute! i found few secrets. some monsters or secrets during the cutscene maps would have been neat. i did not experience ‘blue gibs.’ i use the requiem engine, and quakespasm as backup when i encounter technical issues.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]