4b97bb3058b22101f1cc72bb389ddc7296ce35b7aa22456bd0dd3bc22b59f5fc

4b97bb3058b22101f1cc72bb389ddc7296ce35b7aa22456bd0dd3bc22b59f5fc
overall_rating 3.6 25

Forum thread for alba01

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I understand why Cocerello gave this a 4 and it certainly deserves its “nice” rating. Gameplay is very inventive and actually does not strike me as overly linear. There are some nice secrets and progression is very exploratory in nature. Visually it has dated somewhat, but it is impressive for a 1997 release. And there are lots of lovely little details throughout (like the pig!).

It’s a great shame the Alba TC was never finished, because based on this map and alba02, it would have been sensational for its time. But that’s where this map’s main problem lies: the strong sense of history and narrative that permeates the map makes it painfully obvious that the Quake enemies are just temporary stand-ins. It is still very much worth playing, but it’s impossible to ignore the jarring contextual incongruity. 3 plus.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Really old but cool.

[User added a rating.]

Got some good fun with this one, reading the bits of lore.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “pmk” posted:

This map is truly worth a play through as it is very unique for its time with interesting level design and brush work that provide a unique level experience. I enjoyed the new enemies you faced at the end of the level as well. Would highly recommend downloading and would give this map a four out of five rating.