75d694e64d6d74880ed90bbd93a155a4cf7d1b345205a37825ea4b9594e34bb2

75d694e64d6d74880ed90bbd93a155a4cf7d1b345205a37825ea4b9594e34bb2
overall_rating 1.724137931034483 29

Forum thread for shaft29

Unregistered user “Alan” posted:

This level was built before there were level editors, before Quake 1 was officially released, using a tedious coordinates script, so yes, it is tiny and boring compared to later levels. Did you try shooting the struts in deathmatch mode? It was a good level for its time…

I took a shit in the woods before their were toilets. It was good for it’s time.

The name is pretty cool, for what it’s worth.

[User added a rating.]

It’s decent for its verticality, time, and tools used.

I found this to be clever, original and an interesting challenge, albeit a little ugly.

Or in response to Scampie: For a shit in the woods, this was very enjoyable.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

2 for the level, 3 for ‘shit in the woods’ comments.

[User added a rating.]

Alan wrote:
This level was built before there were level editors
Are you sure? There is mention about MBuild .03 in readme. Although, there is mention about previous version of map too.

About the map: well, it’s winnable, but very annoying.

[User added a rating.]

I like the concept, the visuals are decent, the atmosphere is kinda nice and it has a cool name. If it was fleshed out a bit, this could be a pretty cool level, but as it stands, it’s rather pointless. There’s also too many scrags.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Really kinda interesting, it was hard deciding between 1 and 2 but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the gameplay, it’s just too small and kinda ugly. Could’ve used a few more enemies of a few more types but otherwise it’s decent for a tiny 1996 map, although I don’t really recommend playing it. 2/5

[User added a rating.]

A fairly straightforward map built around a water elevator gimmick, plays decent enough. Not much else to say really. Short and fairly forgettable.