9e4e3f1c9d2a4d0a8feafdc208e9f361e34879db46d83b503e8de307bd53e905

9e4e3f1c9d2a4d0a8feafdc208e9f361e34879db46d83b503e8de307bd53e905
overall_rating 4.617021276595745 47

Forum thread for xmasjam2021

There’s a bug in Krampus’ map where exiting the level will simply restart it and not return the player to the start hub. To work around this, type “changelevel start” in the console once you’re in the intermission screen.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “aoanla” posted:

I played through this before it was registered here, so some thoughts:

Whilst all 25 maps are “small” in one sense, some have more to do in them than others.
There’s some good implementations of straightforward maps - “Father’s Hand” (xmj21_Chrisholden), for example, with nice gold-white textures and an escalating climb.
There’s some slightly “weirder” escalating maps - “Midnight Mass” (xmj21_Magnetbox) seems to go a bit high-concept 2/3 of the way in.
Some maps have some nice additional mechanics, like Snapchip Shatter (xmj21_Pinchy)'s breakable ice for level progression.
And there’s some maps that do something a bit different: Bee Home For Christmas (xmj21_wiedo), mixing two weirdly compatible themes with metroidvania; Santa’s Fragtory (xmj21_Heresy) mostly successfully making a map where traps are your friends; Video Kojima (xmj21_Ish) doing the theme you can probably guess from the name… ; and the super impressive Microcosmosphy II (xmj21_Ionous), which like the map to which it is a sequel, fits an entire Episode into one 1024 unit cube.

(Also, shout outs to the hidden map - Dichromatic Abomination - which also manages some interesting phases, and is nicely situated).

Maps I have not mentioned are also mostly great, but there’s 26 maps in total, so I can’t fit everything into a post…

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

The usual stuff from the usual gang (give or take a few) in the usual quality: absolutely top class!

Dammit, how do you guys/girls do it?

Very, very good. Thanks for all your efforts; Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (it can only improve) to y’all!

[User added a rating.]

Wow, how do you guys and gals do it indeed? Another Jam and another hit out of the park.

I waited a couple of days to comment since I tend to get really excited and over-amped by these Jams, but it turns out that they really are that good.

I’ll be playing all of these maps over because I just can’t get enough. The start hub is fantastic as well, and the music/ ambient sound tracks professional grade.

Thanks to all of you mappers, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]