f02171f5628faf94d81e0d11518699f8b2f7a8191ab2a4b5eeff4a3e695db447

f02171f5628faf94d81e0d11518699f8b2f7a8191ab2a4b5eeff4a3e695db447
overall_rating 3.769230769230769 26

Forum thread for nullbear

[User added a rating.]

Don’t get fooled by the realism tag. This is still pretty much your old-school, moderately detailed, explorative Quake level that takes around an hour to complete. Mixed texturing with all kinds of enemies thrown it, yet still works thanks to its clever, overlapping design and fine-tuned combat setups.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I might upgrade my rating to 3 when I finally get unstuck. All in all this is a nice first attempt, if only a bit crude. I find the progression confusing however, and have spent too much time trying to guess what to do or where to go next. I’ve just encountered a button that “Seems offline” and have no idea what to do next, or whether getting to the room that contains it had any bearing on anything (hence the map title?).

[User added a rating.]

@Gloyo3aa
Another switch in the same room sets a container into place, that closes a gap and enables you to complete a jump on some pipes, that lead to the next room. Quasiotter did a commented playthrough for this map, and recommended some ammo or health be placed on them for directions :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Afyq_Jrpo&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR163klue3V-EmlwSs-MM4Vy4zR7fgGDgrvRqRGhVLAU3Fjm3JcVV2S5BEw

Anyways thx for the feedback, I’ll pay more attention to directions in the future.

Ooooh right, thanks! I had retrieved the grenade launcher but didn’t realise this was the way to go.

I’m awarding this one more star because it’s still a fun map. I gave up on the Captain however, too hard. I might replay this later in a more reasonable setting (Nightmare is my default).

[User added a rating.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfyqJrpo&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR163klue3V-EmlwSs-MM4Vy4zR7fgGDgrvRqRGhVLAU3Fjm3JcVV2S5BEw

Mo video there…

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I don’t often give up on a map, but I have on this one. I’'ve just spent too much time swimming around under and around the big ship, and in the flooded chamber beside the dock, looking for what to do next. Nowhere to go, nothing to do — goodbye!