f896d146c98ad81a6cbf0b484ca6cb3b3eb3ea822b23a748fd08f135fc8db425

f896d146c98ad81a6cbf0b484ca6cb3b3eb3ea822b23a748fd08f135fc8db425
overall_rating 3.941176470588236 34

Forum thread for moonlite

Unregistered user “Daz” posted:

Video playthrough : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR0Ol1UmNQQ

Unregistered user “Drew” posted:

5/5 one of my all time favourites, despite the sometimes overly clean feel of the proceedings. Mandatory.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

One of the best castle maps you can play with Quake. It’s huge (took me around 25mins on Normal), features well-balanced gameplay and fits the Quake theme perfectly in general. The fight after grabbing the rune is a nice climax and wraps up the level nicely. [Side info: The exit leads to “Aggressor” (aggressr.bsp), a DM-only map by the same author. You don’t need to have it, but just in case you wonder.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I’ve played through this several times. It passes the time pleasantly enough but I can’t at all understand why it gets so very much love – e.g. from the links on the left, check out the very enthusiastic TEAMShambler review; Tronyn’s Top 10 Medieval Maps which ranks this above This Onion and Day of the Lords (both all-time classics); and Underworldfan’s ranking, which puts it ahead of Koohoo and the Once Upon an Atrocity (ditto).

Moonlite Assault is pleasant to play, but quite without atmosphere and free of surprises. I rate it 3*.

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

Unregistered user “44activa” posted:

Really pleasant map to play!
It’s big but cool to explore, because it’s a fucking castle!
And castles are awesome!

It kinda works like a real Castle, so it’s pretty immersive.
Reccomended!

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

[User added a rating.]

I completely agree with Mike Taylor.